Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Swimming Lessons--Take 2

We did a second set of swimming lessons in August--at a new location and with a new teacher. You might recognize the teacher, unfortunately. A friend here has a pool that she opened to all of us and Ashley and I were the teachers : ) Ashley took on the daunting task of teaching the "Mom and Tot" class and I took on the beginners without their moms. We really had a lot of fun. I had never wanted to teach Ezra because I think that a little "fear of the teacher" is needed when it comes to learning. However, he did a nice job of participating as a student. It helped that it was a formal class set-up with other students. Of course, I knew the other students as well and his cousin Ella was in the class with us. All of the kids came a long ways.
Poor Caroline was caught in between. She needed a mom to be in the Mom and Tot class, and her mom was otherwise occupied. I put her in a life jacket at the beginning of each lesson and she just bopped around. All the other moms offered to help her in the class, but she's going through a mamma's girl stage and refused to let them. She still had fun though, since she was able to get into the water and didn't have to watch from the sidelines. And I was able to play with her for a few minutes in the water during free time at the end of the classes.





Look at all those cute little ones!





Breath-holding contest--I'm not teaching them how to drown, I promise :)

Doing a circle dance because they all met their breath-holding goals. Good job kids!

Walking s-l-o-w-l-y like penguins to go down the deep end and jump in.

Austin was the only one to go off the diving board to me each day. Ezra did it once and then not again. I guess they didn't trust me! As soon as class was over, Ezra would go put on a life jacket and jump off the diving board by himself over and over again.
The Mom and Tots class.

The Beginners Class.

What a lot of fun we had--thanks for the pool and the organization Kamille and Ashley!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, what a great team player you are! I hate getting in the water! By the by....I sooo wish that we could "Do the Puyallup" with you guys!

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Good post - I am so glad the kids are learning to swin while they are young...wish I could have learned. I don't even LIKE getting in the water!

robyn said...

That sounds like fun! I think I saw a side belly shot...? So cute! What weekend were you guys thinking of coming through Kirkland? Sam and I are planning a trip to Oregon, and we don't want to miss you!