Thursday, December 18, 2008

He's Fweeeee!

Three years ago today, a precious young man entered our lives. We were so excited to meet him. And today we are so excited to know him. I don't generally love pictures of myself, but the above photo is my favorite all time of myself : ) The absolute joy I remember feeling in that moment was incredible.
Here's our boy turning one--still a redhead.

And turning two.

And now...today. A brand new 3 year old opening his presents. A doctor kit and a motorcycle and four wheeler. Wow!
I wanna go outside and play too, guys! (She didn't enjoy the cold for nearly as long as Ezra did).
Getting all dressed up for the fun outside.

His favorite birthday gift of all was having daddy stay at home today and play in the snow with him. He's been praying for snow for the past few days and he got the answer he wanted today!

Enjoying a "cup of dirt" with some candles in it after dinner tonight. We had a quiet celebration with just the four of us. Grandpa Tractor and Grandma Harbor will come over for cake whenever the roads are safe.

We love this boy so much it hurts. And boy has he made the past three years fun. Thank you Lord for putting him in our lives. May we honor You as we raise him to Your glory. Thank you dear friends and family for all of the phone calls and messages he received today for his birthday. He is blessed to have each and every one of you in his life. And his precious little three year old heart holds all of you close!

4 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Happy Birthday to You Ezra! (...and it looks like he did!)

That first photo is so beautiful!

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Happy Birthday, Ezra from your Auntie Avy. I wish I could play with your toys with you! That would be a lot more fun than playing outside in the snow...... But I am glad you like having the snow and having Daddy play with you in it. Looks like the sledding went well!

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

I looked at the pictures again...no hat? - his great grandma would be fussing!!! She always suggested I put a "scarf" on and to this day Mike will do the same just to annoy me!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the B-day boy.We did miss his special day, but hope we see you ALL soon. That was perfect timing to have Dad home that day. I'll never forget the evening we got the call Dec. 18,05 He is a blessing!!GGG