Sunday, December 12, 2010

Uncle Mikey

This morning the Lord called another one of His own Home. The loved one happened to be my Uncle Mike. Our family is in shock. We were not expecting this at all. We would appreciate the prayers of our loved ones that the Lord will comfort and keep each of us. Uncle Mike is survived by wife Pam, 5 children, 3 grandchildren, his mother Eva, his two brothers Terry (my dad) and Mark and sister Cindi. He joins his father and older brother with the Lord.
We sorrow, but not as those without hope for we know we will see Uncle Mike again in Heaven at the Great Reunion. You can see him too--if you are washed in the blood of the Lamb.
Uncle Mike was probably my kids' favorite great-uncle. He never missed an opportunity to hold them or play with them when we were around. Just recently he spent a large portion of his day playing with Ezra and Caroline while my Grandma was babysitting them. I heard stories about how much fun they had the whole drive home and then some. He lived far from his grandchildren and yet the time they spent with him will never be forgotten, I'm sure. He's not a hands-off Grandpa. We already miss you Uncle Mikey.
"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Brooke, we're thinking and praying for you and your family with this sudden loss of your uncle. ♥

Megan Miller said...

Oh this is so sad! I'm so sorry for you, your dad and your whole family. We'll be praying for you. So sorry!

NaomiG said...

So sorry! Will keep your family in our prayers.

kdk said...

I have several childhood memories of Mike, all of them having to do with his good humor. He never failed to walk up to me and crack a joke. I remember him guzzling milk with your dad in your grandma's living room (twelve ounces with no swallowing, they claimed), and then wrestling with him until they broke a piece of your grandma's furniture. I will keep praying for everyone who will miss him, and thanking the Lord he's with JESUS.

Anonymous said...

Brooke, praying for you guys!!! love, Cathy

Anonymous said...

So sorry honey:( I remember him from family gatherings at your grandma's house - he was always a lot of fun! Hugs to you all and I know the Lord will comfort you as you grieve his loss. What a blessing that your kiddos were able to know him and will always be able to cherish those sweet memories of him playing with them!
~Mandy

Rose said...

What a shock! I am so sorry for his family and yours! We are praying for all of you. Those pictures are such a treasure for your kids to remember him. I always picture him with great smile and good sense of humor!

Debbie said...

So sorry to hear that. He was such a funny and fun guy. Very sweet pics to treasure. We keep you guys and Mike's family in our prayers. What a blessing to have the hope of seeing him again in Glory. :)

robyn said...

Sorry to hear this sad news. Hang in there...