Friday, December 17, 2010

There Was Nothing I Could Do to Stop It


My boy done growed up.
Happy Birthday, Ezra, my love. I told you you could never get any older than four...and here you are turning five. The age that signifies the beginning of independence. The age that you'll be when you trot off to school without a backward glance. The age where I must begin to let go. I'll let you go...but only if you promise to always come back to me : ) Sure do love you, kiddo.We're spending the day at Uncle Mike's memorial service...but Ezra will still get to party sometime next week. He's being very grown up about the whole situation. Thank you all for your prayers and sweet comments about Uncle Mike. The family really feels your love. And underneath are the everlasting arms--truly.

5 comments:

NaomiG said...

How in the world do they get to be so big so fast?! Bricks on the head, that's what I tell my kids. Bricks on your heads! No growing! :-) But not really, because it is so fun to watch them grow too. Happy Birthday Ezra!!

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Happy Birthday, Erza, my dear young GREAT nephew!!! I love you so and I miss you THAT much!!! We had good times sitting together Sunday evening meetings. I will remember and cherish those memories and whenever you come again, lets get together! Great pictures of you, Ezra!

Unknown said...

"Happy Birthday Ezra!" (♥Amelia)

Rose said...

Happy Birthday Ezra!! Wow, they do grow up fast!! Someday we will have to get the two birthday kids together to celebrate....(that would mean you coming down here:) yeah!!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Thanks for the hand me down exersaucer. :) I don't have a current email address for you, so I am posting a comment here.

Did you ever turn the sxersaucer into a figure 8 track like this? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hcCfZO6w2RM/THpKO3Id3lI/AAAAAAAAD4M/5JaciKnewTo/s1600/DSC04839_conew1.jpg

I couldn't figure out why all that fun stuff was on the bottom, and so I looked it up online. :)