Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Visit to the Pumpkin Patch

I posted some of these pictures on my fb account a week or so ago, so pardon the redundancy.
We took a trip to Bob's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch while Grandpa and Grandma Idaho were in town.  It was so much more fun going with an even number of adults and kids.  The 1:4 ratio just doesn't cut it.  
 I'll let the pumpkins and punkins tell the story...





 This was a corn cannon.  You aim for targets--and if you manage to hit one--you get a free pumpkin!
 Ezra just barely missed--twice.  Tadd missed by a mile--he nearly hit that road way out there, though.  I think it was the super powers he was getting from holding my diaper bag : ) 

 The girls were listening to the gal give them the directions to the corn maze...

 She was giving them in song.
 Next up:  a ride on the cow train!  Ezra took a ride in Milk Dud.
 Daddy and Nora rode in Lucey Goosey.  And I didn't catch the name of Caroline's cow.






 We enjoyed the hayride out to the big pumpkin patch.  But we didn't go pick out pumpkins.  Mommy and Daddy are too cheap.  Can't help it when you can get whatever pumpkin you want at the grocery store for $3.99.  Don't worry--Bob's got a lot of our money anyway--most of the activities came with a price.  And so did the treats we enjoyed.  I was devastated to learn that the country store did not have the chocolate I have dreamed about all year.  As soon as I pulled out of  Bob's parking lot last year I felt like I should go back and stock up on caramel apple milk chocolate bars--I should have listened to that feeling!








  And we even got a family picture with all six of us.  You have to look at two different pictures to see all of us looking at the camera.  Isn't that just the way it is these days?

A fun time was had by all. 
P.S.  Can't you just feel the desperation in my fingertips as I try to catch up with blogging?  I'm feeling the same way about every aspect of life right now.  I suppose it's the new normal for a while. 

3 comments:

Megan Miller said...

Love all the pictures. Wish we could have gone with you when we were there. Cow train, milk dudes, nursing mama...I think there is a joke there, just not sure what it is. ;)

Unknown said...

Lovely photos, lovely people, lovely day! ♥

kdk said...

Pumpkins are hilarious. Photos of kids & pumpkins are priceless. :-)