Thursday, April 11, 2013

Half Way Day: It's a.....

....Surprise!  Yep, again.  We're pretty predictable.  It's just been so fun the past three times that we wanted to feel that excitement again.  And the kids are really into it this time too.  They want to come into the hospital room and be the first to find out what flavor their Baby is. 
The Baby looked healthy and happy and plenty busy in there.  Lots and lots of arm movements and rolling around.  I can really feel him/her these days and the kids and Tadd are starting to be able to feel the movements externally as well.  This Baby is a responder and kicks or pokes at arms, hands and knees that knock into my belly.  Just this morning I was thinking "Seriously, 20 weeks--half way--already????  I'm not ready to be this far along!"  I mean, in 20 weeks I'm staring down labour and delivery--one of my least favorite things in life.  And then it's time for round the clock Baby care.  Right now the Baby is so easy.  I eat and he eats.  He urinates and there is no diaper to change.  I can't hear any crying.  She lets me sleep through the night (as long as the other kids allow it too).  It's so easy to take care of an unborn baby.  And I'm feeling great too.  A little tired--but still lots of energy bursts to see me through.  So, the half way mark felt daunting.  But then I saw those darling little fingers and toes and I wanted to feel them.  I looked at that little rump sticking up in the womb and wanted to see it sticking up in the crib.  An adorable yawn split her face twice and I wanted to see that taking place in my arms.  Seeing the Baby has such an affect on a Mother and Father.  We can't wait to meet this Little Precious.  I'm still glad that I have half of the pregnancy left.  This is a time that I enjoy.  And I really am not ready for round the clock Baby care yet.  But I am even more excited to meet God's miracle that He is knitting together a little more everyday.  Thank you, Lord.  Psalm 139 has long been one of my favorites, and I especially enjoy it when I have a Babe within.
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:  marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."    v. 14  Only God could create such a beautiful system.
"Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."  v. 16  I was thinking about this the other morning.  "yet being unperfect".  That means, that when we are born--no matter how we look, or what might be extra or missing--we are "perfect".  We are exactly the way He wants us to be.  He forms each of us specifically for a purpose.  Our job as parents is to continue molding these perfect little beings to suit the purpose.  To show them the path to Salvation.  To pray for them every.  single.  day.  To live as godly examples.  What a scary idea.  How we live before our children--what we teach them--how we love them--all help to guide them toward their purpose.  They are born perfectly formed before God.  It will be so fun to see this Baby in about 4 1/2 months and see God's next idea of perfection for our little family!

1 comment:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Yay!!! It's a .... baby! :) When your eldest told me I had to give you guys back the exersaucer some day, I told him I would!!!! And I will!! :) I love that you are keeping the gender I surprise, we did that with both of our boys and loved it.