Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Have You Ever Wondered?

 Have you ever wondered what it looks like to make 170 cinnamon rolls?  Maybe not--but you're going to get to see it anyway.  First of all, you load up all the ingredients and a few kids and head off to your local meeting  hall...


at which time you unload said ingredients (plus coffee, even if you're normally a non-coffee-drinker) and meet your partner in cinnamon roll crime and her children.

 Then the two of you start working and enlist some child laborers to help.
 Child laborers are very good at whisking ingredients together with a smile on their little faces.
 If you are tricked into thinking that a toy cockroach is a real cockroach, you won't feel too badly because you are in good company with three others who were also tricked.
 Poor little child laborer.
Always be sure to use disposable aluminum pans for 170 cinnamon rolls, because washing 13 9x13 pans is not high on the list of "Oh I can't wait to do its!"
 We managed to remember that not everyone likes cream cheese frosting atop their cinnamon rolls (seriously, who doesn't????) and so included a sticky bun recipe with caramel-pecan goo.

 Just looking at all that sugar and fat put him right to sleep.  Oh yeah, and maybe the rocking motion of his ever hard working mother bustling around the kitchen while he was strapped to her.
And that is a bit of the finished product.  If I was the Pioneer Woman I'd tell you that we used 12 pounds of butter.  But I'm not, and you probably didn't want to know that.  If you have a hankering for a cinnamon roll--please come on over to my house one morning this week!  There are a few leftovers.

8 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

My husband ate FOUR.

So you forgot to say in this post that the cinnamon buns were the best cinnamon buns ever made. EVER! He couldn't stop raving about them. You guys did such a good job last weekend, we had a fun time!

kdk said...

Impressed!

NaomiG said...

Wow. That's a lot of cinnamon rolls! They're beautiful--good job! At least you had company--it's always easier and even fun to do something like that with someone else. :-)

Unknown said...

Wish I could stop by for one... yum!

Unknown said...

Wish I could stop by for one... yum!

Rose said...

Oh my! You weren't kidding when you told me you had to make cinnamon rolls! That is a whole lotta work!!

whit's end mom said...

OH YUM!!! Now I have the late night munchies and nothing to munch upon.

gourmetgirl said...

Oh yeah...I wholeheartedly agree with Chatty...those were the best cinnamon buns I've ever had :)