Thursday, May 6, 2010

Where To Go From Here

Just a quick update. No, we did not drive our moving van off the end of the earth. Yes, we are safely arrived at my parents' house. I don't know where the camera or the cord is...I'm not sure what pictures to post...and my computer is just a tower in the closet now, so all the posts I had wanted to post before are locked away in that. The last week in Idaho we had no Internet, not that I had any time to post anything. So, apologies to anyone wondering what our status is/was : ) Honestly, I just haven't taken any pictures in the last few weeks. Packing boxes, loading up and cleaning the house in addition to feeding and caring for 3 kids took all we had. It took more than we had, actually. It took a lot of help from a lot of amazing friends and family members. A big thank you to all you friends who watched our kids, helped load up, helped clean the house, rocked the baby, helped us drive and who are now housing us. The drive went quite well as far as the kids were concerned. Nora did not cry the entire 12 hours as I had predicted would happen. And the older kids sat quietly most of the way, even though I couldn't find a way to make the dvd player work in the back seat. Thank you to all who prayed for us!
So, now we're here and the housing hunt begins. I'll try to find the camera and start taking some shots. Miss Nora is almost 3 months now and changing quite a lot. The biggest change is that the worst of the colic seems to be over-whoo hoooooooo! She still likes to be held and has fussy times. But the screaming for hours on end does not happen. Praise the Lord!
We'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

NaomiG said...

So very glad He's been carrying you... I've been praying for you when you pop into my thoughts throughout the day. We'll all hang in there till you can post--I think you shouldn't be allowing that to stress you at all! :-)

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Are you really gone.......? Doesn't seem real yet, and yet I miss you all so much! I sure am praying that you will find the right house really soon and can get down to the business of "living" again. So glad Nora is doing well...please post pictures of her when you can....I check almost every day just because I don't want to miss anything!!! Love you all

Grammanita said...

Wonderful news, Nora without colic!! PTL. Now, if only I could hug her.