Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You MIght Be a Soccer Mom if...

If you have shin guards and cleats in your pantry, you might be a soccer mom.
If you have more than one child playing soccer, you might be a soccer mom.
If you drive a mini-van, you might be a soccer mom.If you yell things like "Hurry up! We paid good money to be on this team and we should be getting there on time. Plus your coach thinks I'm a loser because I can never get there on time!", you might be a soccer mom.
If you keep a giant golfing umbrella in your car for just in case, you might be a soccer mom.
If you have a collection of water bottles in the car, you might be a soccer mom.
If you buy box juice, oranges and granola bars at Costco and store them in the car for those days you forget you are the "snack mom", you might be a soccer mom.If one child does homework in the car (with a kit kept there especially for that purpose) while the other child practices, you might be a soccer mom.
If your child can ride a bike with shin guards on, you might be a soccer mom.
If you own super cute rubber rain boots bought on clearance during the off season (called Wellingtons if you paid full price during that actual season) that you have to wear mostly covered up by your mommy jeans because "skinny jeans" and your thighs don't get along very well, you might be a soccer mom.

If you have a freezer full of make ahead suppers that have the ability to cook at low temps in the oven for up to 3 hours, you might be a soccer mom.
If you have had to spray the mud off your child with a hose before you allow them in the house, you might be a soccer mom.
If you answered "yep, that's me" to six or more of these statements, you ARE a soccer mom! Or a baseball mom, or basketball...you get the idea. Let's hear it from all the soccer moms!
And thanks to my own soccer mom who was a sports mom for 20+ years (and still occasionally gets phone calls from her grown sons asking about concussion-like symptoms or whether they should go to the ER for a possible sprained ankle). And to my sports dad who was more often than not the coach. As it usually goes, now that I've reached this stage in life I do a lot of looking back and wondering how on earth you did it all those years and came out alive : )

2 comments:

NaomiG said...

Haha, that's awesome. I need to put my kids in soccer one of these times, just so they can say they did it. I'm the swimming mom who holds her breath when her kids hold their breath, and it's getting to the point where they can hold their breath long enough that I might pass out one of these days, haha.

Yeah, I so totally hear you on the boots/skinny jeans problem. There's got to be some sort of non-skinny jean cure. I'm working on it. Drives me crazy.

Penny said...

Yep, I tuck my momjeans in anyway. The boots are cuter!

If you say at the beginning of supper "Wow, we're all here AND eating at a normal time!!!" you might be a soccer mom.