Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Are YOU Washed In the Blood of the Lamb?

It's more than just a song. It's the most important question you'll ever answer. Perhaps it's because of my children, but lately I've been feeling very convicted to give the gospel. You see, these blessed little ones have been washed in the blood of the Lamb. In pure child like faith they asked the Lord Jesus, Creator of the World, to wash away their sins and make them His very own. And every day (multiple times a day) they ask "when is Jesus coming back for us??" and say things like "I want to go to heaven NOW!" and "mom, did you hear that noise, was it the trumpet sound maybe????"
They frequently ask why the Lord has not returned to take us home yet. I told them that the Lord, in patience and grace, is waiting for that last sinner to ask for salvation. And I keep thinking about that. It's my job as a sinner saved by grace to tell others about salvation. How often do I do that? Not very.
Maybe you have heard the Gospel and thought that it's not for you. Maybe you don't care to think about eternity. Maybe you've never heard the story of how Christ came into this world, became a man, died on the cross for your sins and rose again. John 3:16 in the Bible says "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Another verse in Acts 16:31 says, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." That simple word believe. Believe that Jesus can save you from your sins and believe that you will spend eternity with Him in Glory (heaven). Saved. Saved from what? From an eternity of suffering in hell. Hell is more than a curse word. It's a place, a very real place. Maybe you don't believe in hell. I'm afraid that "not believing in it" will not save you from going there if you are not washed in the blood of the Lamb. Jesus is waiting to save you, friend. You can read about it in the Book He wrote for you, The Holy Bible. Don't wait any longer. All you need to do is confess to Jesus that you are a sinner and ask him to wash you clean and come live in your heart as your Lord and Saviour. If you have any questions about salvation please feel free to leave me a comment with your contact information or email me at brookegiesbrecht at yahoo dot com.
"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24

6 comments:

Penny said...

Brooke, I am SO, SO happy to hear that your sweethearts have accepted Christ as their Saviour! It is the most precious thing as a parent, and then you get the privilege of watching first-hand the Lord's work in their little hearts as they grow. He is so faithful!

NaomiG said...

Such a sigh of relief when we know our own children are saved... :-) Amen to that. Any day now, and may it be soon. Love this post, such a lovely reminder of the price that has been paid for us in the middle of a crazy day. :-)

Grammanita said...

Years ago there was a little boy who when he got out of bed was very naughty and irritable. His parents told him to go back to bed and get up on the "right side." A little while later he came back downstairs just as happy as could be, and when asked if he felt better he said "yes mommy I do, I just took the Lord Jesus Christ as my savior." His name is Tadd.

Anonymous said...

this is awesome, it's something that's been more on my mind soo much lately too because of some people I've met and I am getting to share the gospel with them. so glad those dear dear kiddos are saved! :) ~Cathy

Unknown said...

♥ the message
♥ that your kids are saved!
♥ Tadd's story

kdk said...

What a giant comfort to know your children belong to Jesus. I am going to pray for your FAITHFUL testimony here, too.