Monday, November 5, 2012

Decorating for fall is my favorite thing to do.  I often jump the gun and get started in September.  It reminds me of all the fall decor at our September wedding.  It also reminds me of getting my classroom ready back in the day.  Pumpkins, gourds, candles, burlap, leaves and berries. 

 The smell of pumpkin candles fills the house most days.
 Caroline said her favorite thing to do is help me change the decorations.  So, after I filled the crystal bowl with gourds, I gave her a bunch of items and told her she could make the china cabinet her work of art.  She stared at each leaf she placed, thought, moved it around a bit, stared some more, moved some more.  I caught her opening the cabinet and fiddling with items for days.  She was happy with her finished product.  So was I!
 Peek-a-boo!  Gotta love the super glossy-mirror-like-yellow ceilings.  Repainting this house is a lifetime project.  Today, my main project is keeping my hacking, gagging, coughing, sniffling, feverish girls hydrated.  'Tis the season, I suppose.  We're getting a LOT of reading done.  And really, there is nothing much I love better than snuggling on the couch with my three favorites and a good pile of books. 
What do you use to decorate for fall?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks lovely over there! Great job on the china hutch decorating, Caroline.

We have a few autumn decorations: a glass container of acorns, a mason jar of leaves and some leafy branchy smallish wreath-like candle surround things.

kdk said...

Your fall decorations look very nice. Unfortunately, my seasonal decorations involve procrastinating until the stuff in place comes back in season...

Anonymous said...

We have a sad looking pumpkin on the front steps and another painted pumpkin on the next step--painted in all the colors of the rainbow mixed together (i.e. gray). Sadly I have failed this year. Still I enjoy other people's decorations. Like all the leaves in the china cabinet.